cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOD activation charge

Stacie
I'm a participant level 2

I recently had my number ported to Fido. The web page indicated the service fee would be waived if I signed up on line but I was still charged. Is this a common problem?  I signed up on line while still at the apple store. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @Stacie and welcome to the Community.

To make sure I understand what happened, you just received your first bill and you were charged an activation fee?

You also mentioned that you were at the Apple Store, was anything done with a representative over there for your Fido account?

Let us know.

Stacie

Got my invoice.  It includes an activation fee that I thought would be waived if the account was set up online.  The account was created by the apple representative (on a tablet in store) when I bought the phone

Hello Stacie,

Welcome to the community!

According to the website, The Setup Service Fee is waived through self-serve on fido.ca (but not through Live Chat and Customer Service)(taken from Full Details). Since the account was set-up by the Apple representative, I believe they were acting as a third-party customer service in setting up the account. It would be the same if it were done at Best Buy or other reseller. However, it's not the same as you setting up the account yourself via self-serve on the website.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers