Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance Required to Correct Billing Address on Past Phone Bills

RubyGK
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido Community,

I hope someone can assist me with an issue I've encountered regarding my billing address. Recently, while preparing to submit a phone bill as part of a government application, I noticed that the billing address on my Fido account had somehow been changed to an incorrect and unfamiliar address.

I'm not sure when or how this change occurred, but it seems to have been in place for the past several months. This has caused some complications as I need the billing address on my phone bills to reflect my actual residence.

Could someone please advise me on the following:

1. How can I permanently correct my billing address in the system?
  2. Is there any way to have the billing address on my phone bills for the past six months corrected to reflect my true address?

I appreciate any guidance or support you can provide on this matter. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello RubyGK,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear our billing address does not correspond with your actual billing address. As far as I am aware, you should be able to change your billing address via your My Account --> Account Settings --> Contact & Billing --> Update Billing address.

That said, since the billing address had been changed to one you do not recognise, you might consider contacting customer service and notify them of that fact. It's possible there may have been fraudulent activity on your account. They may refer you to their Fraud department.

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way to correct the billing address on bills which have already been generated. However, if you are able to correct your billing address, it should be reflected as such on your future bills.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts. If you wanted to discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers