cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Payment Information Error

yfh
I'm a participant level 2

Hello! I've been trying to add my American Express card as a payment method to set up automatic payment, but I keep getting this error whenever I input the credit card number and will not let me proceed:

yfh_0-1692218959991.png

I tried another one of my American Express credit cards and it worked fine, as the card number was accepted.  I got in touch with American Express, and everything was fine on their end. I also tried to pay a bill with the card instead of setting up automatic payment, and the same error occured.

I've also tried using a different browser, a different computer, the app, the form the live customer service agent sent me to update my automatic payment method. The "undefined" shows up whenever I try to put in my credit card number.

Any help would be apprciated on how I can add this card as my payment method! (Using this card to accrue points so would prefer to pay my phone bill using this card vs my other cards)

Thank you in advance!

20 REPLIES 20

FidoPhilippe

Hello everyone!

Just want to let you all know that a fix was implemented last night to resolve this problem. Everything should be good to go, but please let us know here if any of you are still having any kind of trouble adding your AMEX cards.

Thank you all very much for all your patience with us!

abhikghoshal
I'm a participant level 1

I also recently got an Amex card which I intend to use as my primary credit card . It also starts with 3401 and the card number is 15-digits long. I also get the same error when I try to pay my Rogers internet bill and my Fido mobile bill using that Amex card. It seems that the credit card validation logic at Rogers and Fido needs an update to accept these Amex cards. Rogers community forum post link: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/quot-Undefined-quot-Error-When-Inputing-Amex-C...

derekc

I have the same issue with the Cobalt. Card is new and activated. The problem is that this is apparently a new series number for the card and Fido hasn't updated something on their back-end to accept it, which is why it's coming through as an error when you enter it.

alicecream

I've been having the same issue as well with it showing "undefined" whenever I input my Amex credit card number. Hoping this will be fixed soon as I'm hoping to cancel my old credit card. 

I got in touch with a customer service agent a few days ago and was told that since my Amex only has 15 digits, it won't work... but all Amex cards only have 15 digits... 

dkchen

I am experiencing the same issue and have tried all the different things that you mentioned in your post. When I talked to the live customer service agent, she went through all possible steps of trying to manually register the card, sending me a direct link to a form, etc. and nothing worked. She advised me to wait until today as Fido was supposedly undergoing a system reset/upgrade. I just tried again and still getting the same "undefined" result when entering the AMEX card number. Based on what she said, she was at a loss of what can be done at this point. 

FidoPhilippe

Hey @yfh, @Meilee, @ahmed__waleed! I hope you're all doing well. 🙂

Thanks for letting us know. I would recommend getting in touch with us directly so we can run some tests and escalate this matter, if you're still having problems with with you AMEX's.

You can reach us by using the methods found here.

yfh

Hi Philippe, 

Thank you for your response. I have already contacted Fido about this issue via the live chat, but the solutions offered by the agents did not work for me to add my Amex card (like the others in the post have mentioned). Would you recommend going to a physical store to see if the agents there could add the payment method manually on their end? Like I mentioned, I've tried using multiple devices but none of them worked for me, so I'm not sure it would help to visit a physical store.

Any updates would be apprecaited! 

Thanks for the update @yfh!

Going to store is certainly an option you can try to see if they're able to add it on their end. We're already looking at this internally, but may need more examples, as not all AMEX's seem to be affected.

For now, can you tell me if there's anything special about your AMEX card, or it is just a standard AMEX card?

Thanks!

nakul7

Hi , 

I have been trying to update with my new cobalt card for a week now and facing the same issues as others have mentioned.

miangoleh

I exactly have the same issue with my Amex Cobalt card which starts with 3401. The same issue happens with Rogers which I guess is reasonable as the underlying system is the same.

yfh

Hi Philippe,

My card is a Amex Cobalt Card as well, like others who have commented. Thank you! 

pintoke88

Mine is a Amex Cobalt Card too starting with 3401

Quick update everyone: The concerned team is looking into it and a fix will be implemented shortly. We don't have an exact date or time for the fix yet. When we know, we'll let you know Smiley

We appreciate your patience 

Thanks 

Chowha

Hope it is soon, can't pay my bill with Amex Bonvoy!

nik8

Hi @FidoStephane and @FidoPhilippe 

I'm facing the same issue as well with my new canada amex Cobalt Card starting with 34 and is 15 digits long. How will you notify us of the fix? Do we check this page regularly or would you proactively send an email to the users on this post?

Thanks

typarker

same thing happened, American Express Cobalt, new card

sunnyxue

Hi Philippe, I had the same issue with my newly applied Amex card in August. And it is a Canadian Amex Cobalt Card number starting with 3401 XXXXXX XXXXX. Hope this information helps.

alicecream

Same, mine is a new American Express Cobalt and doesn't work!

ahmed__waleed

same

Meilee

I am also having the same issue with my amex...