cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a new SIM card to old phone

Jemtripletrio
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Do I have to go to a store to activate a new SIM card to an old phone for my daughter?

5 REPLIES 5

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Jemtripletrio 

Make me a follow-up (reply) if my answer was helpful! Smiley Did you manage to order a sim card and finally activate a plan? I'm waiting for your answer Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley

bestanswer-fidostyle.pngmore-fidostyle.png 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Jemtripletrio 

To make my explaination more helpful, i will describe you the step to buy a sim and add a line with ease! Smiley

To add a line from Fido.ca, you need to login in your My Account Dashboard at Fido.ca, then after you click the add a line link from your account dashboard. After this there will be prompt a prompt for selecting your plans data/options, Caller Name ID and you will be asked to choose a new phone number. It's easy like this ! Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley

bestanswer-fidostyle.pngmore-fidostyle.png

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jemtripletrio,

Welcome to the community!

If you do not already have a line for your daughter, you would need to add a line for her. You should be able to Add a Line via your My Account. As already mentioned, it is also possible to add a line via customer service or Live Chat. However, you should note that having a service representative assist with the addition of the line would likely incur an activation fee. However, I believe you can save the Set-up Service Fee when you activate online yourself.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

To add to my previous post... Here's some information regarding Adding a mobile line.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

hi @Jemtripletrio 

No you can add a line and choose a plan from the Fido website. The best way to buy a sim and choose a plan, is to chat with an agent at Fido.ca, its the easiest method. The sim will be shipped to you after.

Have a nice one Smiley