Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancellation

sconnn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Greetings!

Please help me with the cancellation of my account.

I was issued a sim card at the airport more than a month ago and was assured that if I was not interested in using the service in the future, the card would simply stop working and the account would be closed.

This did not happen and I am being charged a monthly bill of $41.

I am currently out of Canada and unlikely to be back in the next year, so I can't call the number provided by the support line.

I see these actions as fraudulent or misleading, but I don't want to blame anyone for this, I just want to close the account.

How can I cancel my account and stop using the services now?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @sconnn, I am so sorry to hear about what happened. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with these issues.

While I cannot comment on what was said during the activation of the plan, I want to make sure that you are aware that if you have a post-paid account, you will be billed every month, regardless of whether you use it or not.

I understand how important it is for you to have access to customer service, especially during difficult times. That's why I encourage you to contact Fido through social media, where you can reply at your own convenience. Alternatively, you can find all the different methods of contacting them, even from outside of the country, on their website here.