Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Hacked - Need a more secure way of signing in

mikeyyu
I'm a participant level 1

Hi All,

My account was hacked last month, my email adrress and contact phone number was changed without me knowing. Then I changed my password but it was hacked again. I'd like to propse that, can we have a better and more secure way of login into my account? Can I get an option to send my phone a verification code everytime I log into my account? wouldn't that be nice?

3 REPLIES 3

Titilas11

I have voice ID feature and i was just realized i have been hacked. Someone ordered 2 phones from my account.

@Titilas11 

If you believe you've been a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mikeyyu,

I'm really sad to read that you've experienced this! 

We certainly understand your concerns and rest assured that our customers' security and privacy are top priorities for us! We never share the information found on your account with anyone and we do have security measures in place to ensure that your account is protected when completing transactions with financial impacts. 

If someone contacts us with your name, date of birth and postal code, we consider this person authenticated and consider them you. We do send email notifications after any changes made on your account so that you are aware of the transactions made..

We would recommend setting up a PIN and secret question on your account and also the Voiceprint for Voice ID Feature. The Voice ID is a new service that keeps your account secure by using your unique voiceprint to authenticate you. We would enroll you by capturing your voice with our Voice ID system during the call and create your voiceprint. The next time someone calls in regards to your account, we would use your unique voice print to authenticate. 

With this being said, we thank you for your valuable feedback as we're always looking to improve.

I hope everything was resolved on your account since a month ago though! If not, let us know and we'll be happy to look into it.