Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About fido bill

Drptl1376
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

we are using fido number from last more than 2 years, we have unlimited talk and text minutes Canada wide and also 1000 minutes international minutes which is including 8 countries, when we activated our fido number that time seller person  told us those all services we can use it until we change fido service to another service and we always paid our fido bill on time but last month we got our super high bill and when we talk with customer care they didn't give us proper response and we're very disappointed with fido service because in our family we 3 peoples are  using fido numbers so....we decided if nobady can help us out then we will move from fido to freedom.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Drptl1376,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges on your bill. Have you had a chance to view the billing details? You can do so via My Account --> View & Manage bill (or Billing & Payments). From there, you should be able to Print or Save a PDF copy of your bill. You should also be able to view any additional charges under Other charges and credits.

That said, it sounds like the 1000 International minute promotion might have ended on your lines. You should note that the 1000 International minutes are a promotion and are not a part of your regular service plan. As with most promotions, they are often not available indefinitely and would have an expiry date. In many cases, that promotion was available for 24 months. If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion.

I understand your disappointment, however, it has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their usage and the monthly bills. I also understand wishing to switch providers out of spite. However, you should note that International calls would likely be charges similarly with other providers. You should further note that other providers might not offer the same level of services. For example, Freedom mobile is a regional provider and their coverage and service offerings would reflect as such.

I'm not trying to sway your decision either way. However, I feel that any decision should be an informed one.

I understand you have already discussed the matter with customer care. If you would like to further discuss the matter, your best option would be to re-contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Drptl1376

Hi there,

when I talk with customer care that guy told me to check those papers which are the seller guy gave me and he said if there is no expiry date for 1000 international minutes then we will help you out after that I check those papers and there is no expiry date anywhere that means all services has no expiry date so... how can you guys say that those 1000 minutes only for 24 months and also I have name and interaction number of customer care guy who is told me if no expiry date then we will help you out.

Hello again,

Firstly, I don't work for Fido. However, as mentioned previously:

@Cawtau wrote:...If the term of the promotion was not outlined when first offered, the end-date would be provided on your bill a few months prior to the actual termination of the promotion...

Had you checked your your monthly bills?

If you would like to further discuss the matter, your best option would be to re-contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers