cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About additional charges to my billing

fidoshah
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hello, I made a change in my phone plan on Nov 20. My previous plan was 10GB of data with unlimited calling and 1000 international minutes. I got a new offer from Fido mobile app so I called them and asked to change on my next billing my new plan i.e. 20GB of data with unlimited calling and adding 1500 international minutes of add-on. I recieved an email saying my plan was changed but I had to confirm that so I called Fido again and confirmed that my total plan amount and what's included. They added to what I wanted. But now my billing arrived it says that I was charged of every international call I made instead of my internet minutes which were included in my plan. I had international minutes before changing of plan and after also then why was I charged more? I didn't made any calls outside the limits of my plan. Now the Fido customer support has wait time of more than 3 hours. How am I supposed to resolve my issue? I need help. I am not ready to pay the amount they charged me. @Fido 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fidoshah,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received some unexpected charges. I understand you previously had the 1000 International minute promotion and currently now have the 1500 International minute to select Countries add-on. To which Countries were your calls?

Are you aware that the 1000 International minute promotion was only to certain Countries? You can view the included Countries, here. Now that you have switched to the 1500 International minute add-on, are you aware that add-on includes fewer Countries? You can view the included Countries, here (under calling). is it possible your calls were made to Countries which are not included in that add-on?

If you do regularly make calls to destinations not included in that add-on, you might consider the Preferred International Rates add-on. You can view the the regular and preferred rates on the above page.

I understand the wait-times for customer service can be quite length due to the Holiday season, however, you should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we would not have access to customers' accounts. If you would like to discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers