cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*3337 & *228 dial 611 - has never worked. Help?

tkucey
I'm a contributor level 1

Im a new customer and have been told repeatedly tha either *28 or *3337 dialled out will give me my phone usage or data. But its never worked -instead I just get the same voice prompts as dialling 611.

Can someone tell me what you are supposted to hear or see? With my old service provider I jsut texted a code and they texted my usage. Is this different?

Help please?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey tkucey, 

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Before you get the usage you'll have to enter the 3 digits of your postal code/dob. Afterwards, once that's done you'll get it. What happens exactly when you call? 

Also, you can check your usage on My account through fido.ca or by downloading the MyAccount App. 

Let me know how it goes! 

tkucey

What happens is that I get the exact same voice prompts as you get when you call 611.

There is no opportunity to enter anything, just asks "want to talk to us about the account associated with the number ...my number..."

Hey tkucey!

Can you let me know what is the next thing you hear after confirming your phone number?

It should go as follows for *3337: ``Want to talk to us about the number associated with ###-###-####? If yes, press 1``

Once you have selected the #1 it should ask you to confirm either your PIN or the digits from your postal code. 

*28 should be very similar but will also provide you an option for account balance, for the unbilled usage you'll need to select #2.

Once you hear the usage details, it will also send you this information as a text message.

I hope this was helpful. Smiley 

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

It is *28 for checking your current balance and due day, not *228 ( if it is not a typo). 

And for *3337, this is for checking your minutes / data / texts usage, if you hear something like "You don't have privilege", then you need to contact a Fido agent or any mod here to create a four digit pin for your number. 

You must dial these numbers from your fido phone. 

Sometimes there might be a few days delay between your activation and being able to use these service. 

tkucey

Thanks for that. *3337 is FINALLY WORKING! yea

*28 - just asks if I want to choose french for a language and then nothing.