cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$200 Credit screw up from fido - Boxing day special

jhs58
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had a small plan (3Gb) of $50 with a 25% discount ending to a total of 37.5 + tax. I upgraded on boxing day with a promotion of $200 dollars off the phone value. The phone that I purchased was Iphone XS which would be $400 + taxes. I called an agent to discuss the discount and upgrade my phone keeping the same plan. He told me to do it online as it was an online offer only. Thus I upgraded my phone with the $200 dollar discount to be applied in the future. I called in agents later as I did not see the discount on my bill. I was told that I'd have to wait 3 billing cycles to see the discount. I waited and called again an agent to be told that I cannot have that discount of $200 because I did not change my price plan. I wasted more than an hour and a half with that agent and got bumped to her supervisor who gave me a different reason as to why the discount could not be applied. It was because I already had a 25% discount on my monthly plan. 

I was told that I could not get the $200 discount and I tried to work with her to spread that discount on a monthly basis keeping the same monthly value of $37.5 even if it meant lowering my data to 2Gb. No solution was provided on her end as her answer was she can't do much on her end to help.

Will definitely be cancelling my account with Fido. I am saying this after already having a bad experience with them on my other line which was resolved after calling them for about 8 hours spread over 4-5 phone calls. The other issue was also regarding phone value and credit purchased close to new years.

Fido screws up, customers have to pay!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jhs58,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were not able to receive the credit as expected. However are you sure your old plan was eligible for that promotion? Most of those promotions state they are available on Select 2-year plans. (see here for similar Black Friday promotion). I understand your promotion was a Boxing Day promotion, however, the promotion stipulations are usually pretty similar. Generally, those eligible plans are in-market at the time of promotion. In addition, in-market plans would not have any discounts associated with them. Your Small plan would not have been in-market at the time of the promotion.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jhs58,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I assure you this is really not the kind of experience we wish for any of our customers!

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account. 

Talk soon!