Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 GB Double Facturation

thierry_savaria
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am a new Fido client and I just received my bill for the first month of utilisation. However, when I check the bill carefully, I am charged the 20 GB and call and texts unlimited across Canada two times. One time for the monthly payment, which is fair, but also another time in the one time facturation category, for the exact same 20 GB and calls and texts unlimited across Canada. It cost me therefore 40$ more this month that what I initially paid for. Can someone help me find the reason why it's there. I called Fido and they cannot really help me, they don't understand why it's there two times. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Thierry_savaria,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your bill shows the 20GB Data, Talk & Text plan twice. However, are they for the same amounts?  For any given billing cycle, you are charged the upcoming monthly fees as well as any overages you might have incurred during your previous month. So you are charged in advance for your monthly plan plus any usage above your allotments previous month. First bills are slightly different, though. Since most billing cycles start within a few days after activation, first bills usually include the upcoming monthly fees as well as prorated charges for the few days before your billing cycle started. For the days before the billing cycle starts, the charges are prorated (monthly plan ÷ number of days in month) x number of days before billing cycle starts. Is it possible that second 20GB listing in the one-time charges is prorated?

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intend as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service . In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Fido customer service must help you with this. They cannot double-charge you for services. I personally find it helpful to review the Wireless Code on the CRTC website (Fido provides a link to it) so you know exactly what your rights and responsibilities are under the law. I find that using the right terminology and being informed makes these conversations go far more smoothly, since you can direct what resolution you're entitled to.