cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Amazon Gift Card in 30 days, 6/7/8/11wks???

Damian72
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, 

I've signup for Fido internet on Sept 6 during a promo with $150 amazon gift. Initially the gift card was supossed to arrive in 30 days, upon follow up, I was told I should receive a link within 6 wks from registration. 6 wks passed...no card/link.

Called customer care on Oct 17, escalation ticket was created and was told in less than a week a link will be sent. Week passed on Oct 24...no card/link.

Chatted with support (via chat)  on Oct 24, agent advised that link will be sent by Oct 26 (Monday)...surprise, surprise still no card/link.

Today I spent 45 min on call, chatted with agent, agent advised me that I have to wait another 3wks....well done Fido!!!

Fido get your act together, I will cancel my account on Dec 8 if card/link is not im my mailbox in 4wks.

128 REPLIES 128

Sarah85

I am in the same boat, it's an unacceptable response from Fido that we simply continue to check our junk mail folder. Is that an acceptable response when it comes to payment? No it is not, you just cut off someone's services and send them to collections. Paying for a service is essentially entering a contract, Fido is really dropping the ball on this one. 
regretting changing to Fido, I will probably be cancelling very soon. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'll continue to chat in PM to resolve this! Smiley 

SanchezCath
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Opened an internet account last Sept and was promised with an AMAZON gift card of 150$. They said it will come in 45 days but its been 70 days now and i have not heard from FIDO at all. Just like many of us, if not all, i call cust service multiple times, wait for 3 hours and get no response regarding my inquiry

Hey @SanchezCath

I moved your post here as it fit this thread. I would like to take a closer look into this with you. I'll send you a PM so we can check it out together. 

waiemily12
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there, I also haven't received my gift card yet. I have joined the home internet plan in the end of September and it is already more than six weeks.

I have checked my email including all the spam and junk mails and still did not see the registration email. I also spoke to an agent and she told me to email to  customercare@helloworldfulfillment.com. However, it is almost a week and I still haven't heard back from them. 

What should I do now?

Hey @waiemily12,

I'm sending you a PM so we can look into it, talk soon! 

Shea818

I have been waiting for my $150 gift card since September 8th. 

I have had my concern escalated 3x, the last agent told me they didn't pre order enough.

I am so disgusted as I wasn't even that interested in switching internet providers but the sales person told me about the promo and I decided to give it a try.

I shouldn't have to call every two weeks and wait hours to speak to someone only to be told they can't help me and all they can do is escalate my concern.

Why would you allow so many people to sign up? I guess you get our money and we get this? Not cool!

I'm cancelling my internet and I'm going to go on social media and suggest everyone I have met with this issue do the same.

I've talked to at least 20 others who were offered either 150 or 100 and they got 0. I have been checking my junk email every day and have to call Fido every two weeks. This is a scam!

Sarah85

Why is it my responsibility to be contacting the distributor that Fido decided to use to give out these gift cards? That should be Fido's job, not the customers. Total scam! 

Hey @Sarah85

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to see you're experiencing difficulties with this offer. I am going to send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Battago

I was in the exact same situation, as you are facing now.

Signed up in Sept 7 and just got link to giftcard on Dec 11. (and deposited in amazon account).

I have the same "Bad taste in my mouth" about this company; and how they jerk people around.

I filed a complaint with CCTS on Nov16. They forwarded the complaint to Fido with a time-frame to resolve it.

This is your best option and saves you running around and getting nowhere. (wait for Fido to respond)

It may take another 4 weeks to see giftcard.

Option2 is send "hello world" an email with ALL your account info. (show in solutions to this thread)

As I did, You have done enough running around with Emails/Chat and calling Fido.

That being said, after 12 weeks since sign-up someone at Fido has "dropped the ball" on this promo. 

I honestly feel your frustration.

There were indeed some unexpected delays with the fulfillment of this offer. However, I assure you it is definitely a valid offer and that we're doing everything we can to get this sorted out for all customers who were eligible for receiving these gift cards. 

If you are still currently waiting for the gift card, we encourage you to review the accepted solution above and to reach out to us through one of the channels available on our Contact Us page. We will be able to take a closer look into the status of your offer and address any follow-ups that may be needed. 

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. I have signed up with Fido on September 29th and it's been almost 7 weeks and I have yet recieved an email. I want to contact customer service but all chats (social media and on Fido) is a virtual assistance. I wish to talk to an actual person please. Can somebody follow up with this with me? Thank you.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @1031

Just a heads up that you can say Chat with a Rep at any time on social media and live chat and our virtual assistant will put you through to a live agent right away. 

With that said, I'll send you a PM so we can look at your account. Talk soon. 

Sportchek07

So, I randomly got an email yesterday from fido@e.helloworldmail.com advising me of my $100 Amazon Gift Card for sigining up with Fido.. Looked fishy at first (due to the domain), but after searching many online threads this is the real deal.

I clicked the link, got the code, logged into Amazon, entered and BAM, $100 Very_Happy

I'm honestly surprised GMail didn't mark this as spam or I would have NEVER seen it. I actually completely forgot about the gift card promotion entirely, so I'm glad I saw this. Helps with Christmas gifts!

Check your spam/junk folder first, or whitelist fido@e.helloworldmail.com

Hope this helped.

Glad to learn you received it, @Sportchek07! Enjoy! 

Damian72

Lucky you Sportchek07:) After 12wks and 2 escalation tickets I still didn't receive my link.

Hey @Damian

That's not right! I'm sending you a PM to look into it, keep an eye on your inbox. 

SAY4

Hello, I signed up in early Sep for the internet promotion and was promised a $150 gift card, I have not received any e-mail information to sign up for the gift card. I have been checking my spam folder and nothing is there either. Can you advise who to contact for the gift card... thanks

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SAY4! We've moved your post here as it deals with the same topic Smiley

Check out the solution above to see what scenario you fall under and what steps to take! 

PavelKazhdan

Hi,

how do I contact Fido? I spent 2 times 45 Minutes each time and still couldn't speak to a rep. They just ignore calls. Honestly, I am so disappointed with Fido. No card, no registration email, no rep to speak. Great deal!

Hey @PavelKazhdan

You can find all the options to contact us here.