cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 dollar discount

Rags1
I'm a contributor level 1

I have a $50 plan with a $15 dollar discount so $35 a month. 

Signed up for service on November 15th. The first invoice/bill is until the middle of January which is fine. But what's not fine is not putting the full $15 dollar discount on until my January 15th to February 16th bill. I would not recommend Fido to anyone for this. It's absurd and wrong on so many levels.  For example my second bill from Dec 15th to January 16th is $42.60 plus taxes not $35 plus taxes like it's supposed to be. What a dishonest way of doing business. I have to wait for my 3rd bill. 

29 REPLIES 29

Hey there @Broomstick !

As your situation is similar, we've moved your post to this thread.

Hope this helps!

sonusebastian
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

77CF06F9-0C2E-417D-B987-6AC11AA2B5D9.jpeg

882718B7-29E1-4D49-922B-AA01FC368892.jpeg

Hello,

I am Sonu, i am new to Fido and was with rogers for the past 3 years, so when i got a new offer ie, 65 cad for 45 cad (20 cad discount for 24 months) i switched to Fido, so before switching i made sure that I won’t be charged anything else other than 45 cad and the agent she promised me that , unfortunately my first bill came today which was 117 cad for 2 months if you use common mathematics the actual bill should be 101 with taxes.

So I called Fido about the same , after 2 hours of long wait an agent picked my call and he confirmed it’s me and then i told my concern but without even checking on my concern he said “ if you switch to Fido home internet you can get a discount of 50%” but i made him focus kn my concern and after a few mins he said the 20 dollar discount is already applied ( which was actually for individual month but i got 20 dollar discount all together for 2 months), when i pulled out this he said” this is fido policy, sorry i cant help it” and i was like “ I didn’t do anything wrong and I didn’t sign up for this” but again he repeated “ sorry can’t help it it fido policy” so i asked him for his name so that i can atleast post it in fido complaint form, but then he muted his call and waited for 23mins , i knew that he can’t hung up on me , so i had to do it myself.

Fido few things-

1. I thought rogers had the worst customer service, but it is you who has the worst.
  2. Don’t advertise scam, the offer was 65cad with 20 cad discount for 24 months , now I already lost 2 months without my actual discount. So please don’t add any hidden billing strategies.
  3. Even after a long wait of 2 hours if served like this, then people like me think of switching to a provider with better customer service rather than vast network provider.

If any of the fido officials see this please help me, i even asked my roommate to jointhis offer and he did now i feel terrible, so it's not just us many out there are being scammed 

68E39DD6-EC7D-4107-A7E8-42251272BABE.jpeg

Hey @sonusebastian!

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We've moved your post to this thread. The solution should contain the answer to your question.

Rags1

Downloading the bill as I did, it does nothing. What it shows is no $15 discount. It's crazy and absurd that you say we cannot do this for this reason just like they say on the phone or they say on messenger. Well then don't advertise that it's a $15 discount don't rip the customer off by saying we can only give one $15 discount on a bill. It's so disgusting. 

Rags1

But you're missing the point. You are saying that the $15 can only be applied once per Bill. Well this is really dirty so I had a partial month of service and then I had a full month of service so what you're saying is because there's two sets of dates only one $15 discount gonna be applied that didn't happen. It all worked out but it's really shady on Fido's end. It's a disgusting way of not giving the full discount. Like I said, I had a full bill from the middle of December until the end of January and there was no $15 discount. It was only $7.40. Like I said, I worked that out with Fido however what you're saying and the reason is a lame excuse to rip people off. Shameful.

hjkim11
I'm a participant level 3

Also, if you do say there's no documentation or policy to support your statement, Fido is false advertising their products. As $15/mo for the first two months was never $15/mo. I apologize if there are supporting documents or policy. It's hard to trust a company repeating their own words without any supporting documents. 

Rags1

Exactly Fido cannot be trusted. The rep on the phone says $15 off per month. We don't expect some crazy absurd excuse as to why that didn't apply.  

hjkim11

That does not answer the question. Customers were not informed beforehand for first two bills getting consolidated together for $15 discount in total. However, it does state on the website it will be $15/mo. If there is any policy or document about the first two months, we should be provided with the information before signing up for Fido. Otherwise the whole scheme is quite misleading. 

Rags1

Exactly! Well said!