cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 free international minutes

oiatrader
I'm a participant level 2

I just received this promotion with my plan which includes among others China, India & Nigeria - I asked a support person if I could change Nigeria to South Africa and was told he could not do it - is there someone who can do this type of change - otherwise what is the point of the promotion if it is of no use to me

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Oiatrader,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that promotion is only to certain Countries. Are you sure Nigeria is included? As far as I am aware, the included Countries are: Australia, Bangladesh, China, Macau, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan, and United Kingdom (see here).

@FidoSolutions Did they change the Countries included with that promotion?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

oiatrader

Apparently Nigeria was included in my promotion - the support person double checked as he was also surprised but then he confirmed it - so it did not seem much of a change to me to substitute one African country for another

Hello again,

If they decided to include Nigeria, that's great for those who regularly call that Country. It would still be helpful if @FidoSolutions could please confirm any changes to the applicable Countries.

@oiatrader wrote:...so it did not seem much of a change to me to substitute one African country for another

Except that the International call rates for the different African Countries is different (see preferred International call rates here). The situation is not as simple as swapping one Country for another. Even for Europe, for example, they can't swap Italy for France (old list of included Countries from link above).  There are likely other reasons why the promotion is only available to certain Countries.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @oiatrader & @Cawtau !

The list of countries provided by @Cawtau above is correct, this is the current offer. Smiley

However, we've had different 1000 long distance minutes promotions in the past, and the list of countries included may differ from one offer to the other.

The plan details (provided on the bill directly or through the online account) will confirm the countries included in the specific promo received.