Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Amount Due" hasn't updated for my FIDO internet online billing

larouge
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

I want to pay my Fido internet bill.  I have even received the usual monthly email telling me my statement is ready, and the amount due.  However, when logged into my account, under the "Home Internet" toggle it says amount due is $0.00.  When I look at charges, it indicates that the amount due & payable before some date in April is $56.50...but when I go to pay the bill, it tells me that I am inputting an amount over the amount due of 0.0 and they will apply a 56.5 credit to account.

Anyway, seems to be a glitch in the system and something isn't updated, but I would like to have this properly paid ASAP.  My phone billing was as usual this month.

**Edited to add label

5 REPLIES 5

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @larouge.

If you are checking under the Billing and Payments section, the amount shown under Bill Summary won't change since it's the amount you owed for the invoice. If you want your updated balance, you can click on the Overview tab under Account Balance for your current balance. Hope this helps! Smiley

larouge

Hi,

My account balance for internet says "$0.00" and that it is due by March 08 2017.  It is reflecting last months' bill, which has already been paid. Normally every month this account balance refreshes when I get my new bill, which DOES exist as 56.5, and is due April 18 2017.  I can also view this bill and received an email saying it was ready for payment. 

SO, when I hit "Pay Now," usually the Amount field will already be filled in with what I owe.  However, it is still indicating 0.00 and when I input the amount that is actually due, it tells me I do not owe it and it will be applied in credit.

So what i'm talking about isn't me being unable to use or understand the online billing - it is acting differently than it has every other month I've used it and seems to be a coding glitch.  

Thanks for the information @larouge.  It's possible that the e-mail to let you know the invoice is available was sent before it was available on Fido My account. It could simply be a glitch causing this like you mentioned. Let's wait 48 hours and if the amount still shows as $0, let us know so we can send you a PM. Smiley

larouge

Cool, thanks.

I received the e-mail on March 25th and have been checking daily since (no updated today).

March 25 is later in the month than I would usually get notice (for example, previous months was ready on February 15) so that made me wonder if something had changed in the system..

Thanks for the details, I'm sending you a PM!