cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modem not connecting-new user

Snoopy88
I'm a participant level 2

I ordered the modem 2 days ago and it arrived within a day. I followed the instruction on the modem and printed instruction came with the modem. The "online" and "upstream" light did not come on or flash. I called tech support yesterday. I was told the waiting for English service was close to an hour. Fortunately, I speak Chinese. Someone from Vancouver tried to help. After she checked everything, she told me she needs to put me back on the waiting to get someone who speaks English to help as it is beyond what she could do. While I was waiting for the English service. I got cut off. That was 1.5 hr waste of time. Can't believe it, right?

I tried calling again today and I got cut off twice (once after close to an hour and while I was talking to a tech support). I thought she would call me back but she didn't. I called again and I got cut off after the screening. The CS put me through and I was cut off at that point. I called again and I was not happy. The CS obviously knew I was upset. She put me through. At this point, I was told by the machine that the waiting was 1 hr 37 mins. I started calling at 6pm. And now, it was after 8pm. Based on yesterday's experience, the line would automatically get cut off at 9pm. Why is it so difficult to get the tech support to get my modem up and running? 

2 REPLIES 2

Snoopy88

It seems your tech support needs support. It is a mess.

Hey @Snoopy88,

Welcome to the community! 

We're sad to learn about your latest experience when trying to reach our technical support team for home internet. This is certainly not the kind of service we want to offer.

Our tech support team is actually 24/7, so you shouldn't be cut off for calling after a certain time. That said, if you call the regular customer service line, it will be cut off as our customer service has different business hours compared to our tech team.

Nonetheless, you can always call them directly @ 1-888-236-3436 or if you prefer, you can also live chat with them!

Both channels are 24/7, so you should be able to reach them anytime.

I do hope this gets resolved soon!