cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make sure the equipment is safely sent to us within the next 7 days to avoid an unreturned equipment fee.

ElenaJEeeK
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have cancelled my internet service about a month a go and had returned the modem next day in person to one of Fido location (originally  there were two options: ship it back using Canada Post OR return in store). Staff gave me the receipt and i walked out of the store. 

When i logged into my account after i return the modem, knowleged that the internet account was still activated. I called the customer service and they told me to call the store and tell them to ship it back to warehouse. So i called the store and the staff told me that he will look into this situation and would give me a call back. 

3 days later, still no call back but when i logged into my account, the internet account was cancelled and credit amount was issued. Therefore, I thought everything was fine so tossed out the receipt. 

Then now after 3 weeks,  i have received an email saying i need to return the modem with in 7 days in order to avoid an unreturned fee. 
What is this!????? So i called the store and staff said it's closed on their end and there's nothing they can do or can't confirm as I don't have the receipt and told me to call customer service. I didn't liked their attitude but i called customer service and waited 1.5 hours to be able to speak to supervisor. Then what.. supervisor said the same thing that he needs a proof which i don't have and can't do anything on their end. So i asked to open up the investigation. 

what is going on?? They are not doing internal communication or what? I don't think they work accordingly as the moden should have been shipped it back to warehouse by now. 

I did my job which had returned the moden right next day i cancelled my internet and why i need to spend my time cleaning up this mess? If Fido charge the unreturned fee, then this company is ripping off the customers and their staff don't know what they are doing. This is beyond the inconvenience. 

i would like someone to provide feedback or provide solutions.

1 REPLY 1

FidoNajat

Hey @ElenaJEeeK ! Were you able to receive the assistance you needed since your post? If not, please contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you and track the modem.