cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

home internet drops daily around 2pm

yr1148
I'm a participant level 3

I started working from home and noticed fido Home internet consistently drops all WIFI signals across all mobile devices everyday usually around 2pm. It can take around 30 minutes until the connection establishes again with modem rebooting. 

I tried re-locating the modem from bedroom to living room but still have same problem

I've missed meetings and trainings for this reason. 

Calling Tech support is taking a long time, can you look into this issue? 

9 REPLIES 9

SaurabhB
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am facing a similar issue.

The connection keeps breaking repeatedly and typically happens every morning around same time. It takes 30 mins to an hour for it to settle.

Getting through the Tech support is a headache itself with so long wait times !

tecman1023
I'm a participant level 2

I have been experiencing the exact same issue for months!    Except it's now getting worse.   It now happens in the morning too.   The one TV connection is on my main floor.  It usually a short interruption and usually during calls.   However, my kids and I have our computers set up on the second floor.    I bought eero at it is amazing.    The speed we get is unbelievable.  However, speed is nothing if your connection drops.    

The service technician has come over a few times and said that they can't/won't enter the house to move the TV connection to our work area on the second floor.  

Moving our work study area to the main floor is not an option.     How can I can get a reliable connection to my second floor work area?    Helpl!  

Hey @tecman1023,

I'm terribly sorry to read that you're experiencing this with your service! The best thing to do would be to contact our Technical Support again to see if there are any alternative options for your situation. They're the experts and would be best equipped to assist you. 

tecman1023

I am actually a very satisfied customer.  However, there are some issues.    

1.   My TV coax is on our main floor.    We all work/study on the second floor on our desktops.   I bought eero mesh wifi and what a huge difference it makes.  

2.  My kids are students and we can generally expect the wifi to drop in the afternoon.  Like clock work.   

3.  I assume that a wired connection is better.    But would my wired connection still drop on a regular basis too?   Since our computers aren't at the coax on the main floor, I dont' know.     

From what I see online, wired connections drop too.   

So my question is will moving to Rogers improve the reliabiility and reduce the frequency of drops?     I'm on the Fido 150 plan.   Is there a Rogers plan that will actually be more reliable and have less drops.  I'm prepared to pay for that.   Dropping during video games and video call is not great.  

I watch the Rogers commerical where the kid is a gamer.   but my kids salivate when they see that.    Is the Rogers service that more reliable than the same Fido line?   

Rogers tech would not come into my house in June.   Now that it's December, I wouldn't ask them to.  But would they move my coax?  I'm prepared to pay for that one day.   

Thanks.  

Hey @tecman1023 Very_Happy

Glad to know you're satisfied with the Home Internet service overall!

That said, it is odd for the connection to drop regularly.

A wired connection would probably provide more stability, but a 150mbps package should normally be ideal for 8 to 10 devices online at the same time.

We wouldn't be able to speak for Rogers, but you could indeed contact them for information if you believe that you need a higher speed for your package. Smiley

Have you already reached out to our Tech Support team about this? 

They would indeed be able to move your coax outlet, if needed, and provide more insight! 

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @yr1148,

Does this only happen while connected wireless to the router or it also happens if you're plugged in with an ethernet cable? 

Let us know. 

yr1148

@FidoAnthonyZ  Hi Anthony, 

the issue persists, can FIDO offer any solution asap? 

Hey @yr1148 Smiley

Sorry to learn that you're still experiencing this issue!

You can reach out to our Tech Support team 24/7 for assistance and they'll be happy to access your account and offer help.

yr1148

plugging in the etherbnet is not an option as I need steady wifi to be available through out my place. 

however, when i try with an ethernet, there is no dropping 

can this be a modem issue??