Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not managed connected device to CGN3U

Saravann
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

i am not sure whether anyone have issue setting up limite of certain devices to allow wi-fi access at certain day/time or not.  I able to set up the "restriction" and android devices but NOT able to do with iphone 7.  i am able to do with Iphone 3 (yes, my household still have iphone 3...lol), i tried everything - and the iphone 7 is not listed as one of the connected devices eventhough the iphone 7 is connecting and accessing the internet via Wi-fi.  i even manually entered the MAC/wi-fi address to the list, and yet it is not retricting --- i have no issue with other devices in the house, except for the iphone 7.  Any explaination and/or how to work around this?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAnthony

Hey @Saravann,

It would be best to contact our Home Internet tech support.

Our contact info for our Fido Home Internet Tech support is 1-888-236-FIDO (3436) or you can also contact them through live chat right here: https://fido.ly/3lAivJh

Just scroll to the bottom and click on: Contact us
Afterwards: My Fido Services
And finally, you should see an option towards the bottom of the page that says "Live Chat"

Saravann

not helpful... i contacted through chat -- Fido Chat - thenn the agent unable to help, got transferred to Rogers -- rogers indicated "everything is working fine , there is nothing they can do" --- so base on the chatted with Fido and Rogers -- conclusion on my part --- it must be the modem/router is the problem.   So then my next question would be what is the equivalent of the modem using by Fido home internet?  i would like to buy it instead of renting it.

Hey @Saravann

If you've already spoken to our Tech Support team to no avail, you can still request a modem swap with them to have it replaced.

On our end, we're not aware of any other modem that would work with the Fido Home Internet service. We provide our own modems included in the price of package, but if it is defective, you can get it swapped. Smiley