Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp media download issue on CODA-4582U

vikrant82
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I have two LG G7 phones running on Android 9.0 and I am experiencing a problem with whatsapp media download on both the phones when connected to Wifi. Quite often whatsapp fails to download images and videos and shows a download failed error on both the phones on wifi. I have tried rebooting/resetting the modem and reinstalling whatsapp etc on the phones but nothing helps. The issue only happens on wifi, mobile data works just fine. After doing some more research I came across the thread below on Rogers forum and learnt that the issue is widespread.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-Download-Pics-or-Videos-on-WiFi/td-p/457462

There is some temporary fix posted by a forum member which involves disabling IPv6 but it hurts download speeds. I wish to know if this issue is known on Fido aswell and if I can expect a fix in a future firmware update. Any input in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoDivine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @vikrant82,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely want to look into this for you.

To begin, can I please confirm the model of the Fido modem you're currently using? 

Thank you. 

vikrant82

Thanks for getting in touch. I have a Hitron CODA-4582U

Thanks for the details,

That is definitely odd. Have you had the chance to attempt the fix suggested on that forum?

Did you notice if any other apps are affected as well? Also, have you had the chance to reach out to our home internet technical support team? They are available 24/7 by phone or live chat, and would be able to take a closer look at your situation

Let us know!

vikrant82

Hi FidoSaad,

Thanks for getting in touch, The issue has been resolved by Rogers and subsequently has been fixed for Fido as well. See the update on the link below: - 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-Download-Pics-or-Videos-on-WiFi/td-p/457462/pag...