Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI Modem Internet Keeps Dropping Connection

springz
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

Currently when the Hitron modem is configured in bridge mode it has a lovely tendency to shut down all the ethernet ports from time to time which makes for a completely unreliable experience. The only way to get the internet working again is to reboot the modem. This has happened for the last week everyday and it is very annoying. Can someone please assist with this. I was lookign at otehr posts and saw that there is modem firmware update? Please let me know how to resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @springz

When your modem is in bridge mode, it gives the connection to a third party router of your choice. With this mode, only the first internet port should be working. 

We don't offer an update but we are running a new firmware trial at the moment. If you'd like to be part of it you can send us a PM here. If you prefer you can let me know here and I'll send you one. 

Hope that helps Smiley 

springz

Hi @FidoPamela,

Thanks for the info. 

I would like to be part of the firmware trial. Please let me know what is needed to do this?

Thanks. 

RafaelSacco
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

@springzwrote:

Hi @FidoPamela,

Thanks for the info. 

I would like to be part of the firmware trial. Please let me know what is needed to do this?

Thanks. 

The only way I could fix that was setting up my notebook to G only.

Check this link and change you PC/Notebook to 02 - 11g

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-802-11n-mode-wireless-connection-windows-8

I hope it helps you.

Rafael.

I'll be happy to help Smiley I'm sending you a PM so we can review the details together. 

Chat soon!