cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable home internet, only for my desktop

sujq15
I'm a participant level 1
Hi, guys. I just installed my modem and it works well. I bought the 75$150Mb plan. Mobile devices can connect to the 2.4Ghz Wifi perfectly and the network is stable and fast. My desktop can only connect to the 5Ghz Wifi and it is very unstable. The distance is not an issue and there is only a thin wall between my desktop and the modem. I tried fido speedtest and the results are very different. Sometimes low ping and about 10Mb download speed, sometimes high fluctuation and only 2Mb download speed. Wifi strength is always between LV2 and LV3 (Maximum 4), the same as my neighbour's.
3 REPLIES 3

Wanfamilly

Fido had poor technical support. Everytime i have problems on my internet speed there is no one to help.

Jo

Hey @Wanfamilly

I am sorry to see you've experienced difficulties with your home internet service. Have you tried rebooting the modem? 

If this doesn't help, we would suggest reaching out to our Fido Home Internet Technical Support. They will be able to take a closer look and work on getting to the bottom of this for you! 

They can be reached through our live chat service right from here

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @sujq15

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Do you happen to have an ethernet cable to connect your computer physically to the modem?

We can also suggest the following:

1. Contacting our home internet technical support. They are available 24/7 by phone or live chat here
  2. Enroll in the Firmware trial

Let us know!!