cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Shady Cancellation Policy

zackd
I'm a participant level 2

Took me 4 tries to cancel my home internet policy!!

Hey Fido, your cancellation policy sucks and is consumer unfriendly. Started with my first cancellation over a chat with an agent, any reasonable person would agree my internet should've been cancelled on May 21. But it never did, got billed again for the next month, so this time I called on June 24, citing my chat conversation with the agent, was assured I would get my refund and cancellation. Got another bill the next month (you see the pattern here), my forth try on July 23 the agent (and I kid you not) told me "regardless of what the chat agent said, you have to call to cancel and pay the bill until June 24".

Hey Fido, a representative is a representative. Regardless of your 'policy', if one of your representative promised something (even if is wrong), the right thing to do for a major company is to honour that promise, 

Well congratz, you got an extra $50 from me, I guess you need it more than I do.

0.png

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAlex

Hey @zackd, Alex here! 

Really sorry to hear about your experience, that's not what we want. 

It's good to know that home internet cancellations are now only processed by one of our departments over the phone, but if one of our representatives promised you that your account would be cancelled on a particular date, you certainly shouldn't have to pay after that. 

Make sure to get in touch with our customer service and we'll make sure to fix this.

zackd

You mean the customer service I called 3 times, the first 2 each promising I'll get a refund, and the last time straight up told me 'regardless of what the chat agent says, it doesn't count?'

Hey @zackd! We're really sorry to read this. That's definitely not the kind of experience we want to offer. 

Please note that we're also available on social via via PM on Facebook, or X or Instagram, feel free to contact us on one of those platform so we can take a look at your account.