cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service of Fido

KwongHo
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I joined Fido internet last Thursday and received the Modem on Friday. What a quick delivery! But I can't connect the internet with this used modem. I using the same Coax outlet as what I'm using it for Bell! Should I need to change any setting? Fido live chat offer to send me a technician today (Tuesday), but the technician said that he was in Ottawa while my registered address should be Markham! The technician that he can't do nothing and ask me to contact Fido again! I used hours to get in touch with the live chat and came out this result with no use!!! Don't know what to do? Any suggestion in this community?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello KwongHo,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Fido internet. However, as far as I am aware, Bell and Rogers (Fido) provide internet using different technologies. Do you live in a house or apartment-like arrangement? Are your current Bell services via satellite?

As far as I know, Bell provides internet via DSL, Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH), or satellite (see here). On the other hand, Fido provides internet via cable (see here). If your home is wired for satellite (ie using coax outlet), you would likely require additional wiring. If you don't intend on keeping satellite services, they would still need to connect your house to cable services rather than satellite.

If you live in an apartment-like dwelling, they would still likely need to switch your services from DSL or FTTH to cable.

Your best option would be to contact technical support to arrange an appointment.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers