cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No installation during covid?

Tyffle
I'm a participant level 2

Has anyone been able to access professional installation during covid? I just moved into a new house and signed up for the self installation service. However, when I received the modem and looked around the house, I found that there aren't any coaxial cables inside of the house. And when I call tech support, they've said there's nothing they can do. Do I just sit around, paying the bill for a service I cannot access? 

5 REPLIES 5

Tyffle

I did manage to get through to the installation team after about 4 attempts.

1. Agent said they booked it and I was waiting for two hours and they did not show up. 
  2. Called back, and they had said another person that they could deploy later that afternoon. But when he showed up, he said he could only perform Troubleshooting tasks and I was out of luck. I had clarified multiple times on the phone that I was looking for support with installation. 
  3. Third time I called, the agent said, we can't do anything for you and offered to transfer me to Customer Service so that I could cancel my service. 
  4. On the fourth and final time, I was FINALLY able to get an agent that had properly book it and this resulted in the installation tech coming. 

Now, I'm trying to get through to the customer service team so that they can retroactively apply a credit for services that I was not able to access. Currently, I'm on the 3rd attempt there. 

Hey @Tyffle

I'm really sad to read that your experience wasn't a positive one, it's really not what we want for our customers. We'll send you a PM from here. Please check your inbox. Smiley

Puneet62
I'm a participant level 3

HI Phillipe, I am having hard time connecting to chat agent or call agents for tech support.For sales my phone was picked within 15 min and internet order was taken but for getting help on connections or after sales support i am really seeing that there is no one to help you . Answering on the community is not helping, i need a technician who can setup the cable from outside, i can manage it once the cable is inside the house, but after waiting for 3 days and calling every day and keeping the  phone on hold for more than an hour there is no response, even there is no facility where you can ask to get the call back. This is quite frustrating and pathetic service that i have encountered so far for Internet at home

Puneet62

Hi , I am facing the same issue and there is no response.

Hey @Tyffle and @Puneet62! Philippe here.

We can certainly understand you there. We would have expected some options to be provided to you. I'll send you both a PM shortly to see if I can help you out.