cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data IPv6/IPv4 Location incorrect iPhone 15 plus

onthespectrum
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My location on IPv6 is going through a data centre over 4000km away and is beyond frustrating. Cant get it to stay in BC.

  

I have a 647 phone number - Ive been in BC for 9 months now. Upgraded to an iphone 15 plus a couple months back, and went from pre paid to post paid. 

ever since those two changes, more often then not - my IPv6 says im in Toronto, Ontario while my IPv4 says im in BC. 

this is super annoying while trying to access certain sites - and some apps (like banking) think im in ontario when im not and start declining my purchases because they think its fraud. 

how can i fix this!? I want my IPv6 to route to the nearest ISP in BC. Its like stuck in ontario..

ASN:812

ISP:Rogers Communications Canada Inc.

Services:None detected

Assignment: Likely Static IP 

State/Region:Ontario

City:Toronto

Latitude:43.6537 (43° 39′ 13.18″ N)

Longitude:-79.3829 (79° 22′ 58.54″ W)

ASN:812

ISP:Rogers Communications Canada Inc.

Services:None detected

Assignment:Likely Dynamic IP 

State/Region:British Columbia

City:Victoria

Latitude:48.4330 (48° 25′ 58.71″ N)

Longitude:-123.3697 (123° 22′ 10.94″ W)

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Onthespectrum,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Unfortunately, I'm not too familar with IP addresses. However, I'm curious as to whether part of an IPv6 address might be related to the area code. As far as I am aware, mobile IPv6 addresses contain two parts: home address and care-of address. The area code (and prefix) might determine a part of the home address.

If the area code/prefix is incorporated, at least in part, in the home address, it could explain why your IPv6 shows Ontario since you continue to have a Toronto area code (647).

If you want assistance with your matter, you would need to contact customer service. They would be able to refer you to their Technical department. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers