cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markham L6C 0V5 Connection Drop

30_Salt
I'm a participant level 2

My home internet has been like this for the three years we lived here - cutting off randomly at any hour of the day, mostly right after 00 and 30 minute mark. We spoke on the phone with technical support many times but their technicians were unable to resolve the problem. Just wondering if this is a common problem shared across all service providers in this area? Would it help if I switched to Bell or Rogers?

3 REPLIES 3

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

To your second question, I use TekSavvy. They're one of the few telecoms that actually care about customers.

To your first question, does your internet drop at 12:30 every morning or after 30 minutes of use? Fido must be able to correct this for you or compensate you for the outage: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/codesimpl.htm

30_Salt

Hi Bob, thanks for your advice. I need to check out TekSavvy because this is getting really frustrating, hopefully, they provide service in my area. Our internet drop for 5 minutes to 40 minutes at a time, and this can happen at any time of the day but usually right after 00 and 30 minute mark, so for example 9:00 in the morning or 4:30 afternoon. Most commonly, this happens at midnight. I don't think they're willing to invest any time into fixing this so I'll just take a hint Sad

Hey @30_Salt ,

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to learn about your ongoing connection with the home internet. 

I would suggest to escalate this matter further with our tech support team to see if a tech visit can be scheduled to look into this further.

You can chat or call them directly here