cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from the government with home internet offer

Grace_Choi
I'm a contributor level 2

I received a letter from the government about connecting-familes.ca.

The content of the letter is that it will be provided at $10 for 10mbps.

Currently, I signed a contract with Fido Internet(75mbps) in December last year, and I have been using it for promotion for a year.

In this case, should I cancel the existing Internet? 

Even if I want to use the Internet provided by the government,

I cannot change it because of the burden of paying a penalty if I cancel the existing Internet.

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Grace_Choi,

While you may have a promotional rate for a set period for your internet package you are not in a contract and can cancel at any time without incurring any fees.

Grace_Choi

I signed up for Fido Internet promotion product on December 15th. The terms of the contract are $37 with 75mbps, one-year contract, and 50% discount.

In this case, if I cancel at this point, will there be a penalty? Approximately how much? If the penalty is large, I can't cancel it and I can't use the government-backed Internet.

Is it possible to cancel it after maintaining the Internet until December this year so that there is no penalty?

Hello, again @Grace_Choi,

As mentioned in my previous reply you are not in a contract and can cancel anytime without incurring any fees.

When it comes to Fido internet you are not locked into a contract like a cell phone plan if you get a device. You can cancel the internet at any time and there will be no additional fees.

Grace_Choi

Your answer was very helpful.
I'm going to think about whether to change it or continue using it.
Thank you.