cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lan network -lights - meaning of?

Marpy
I'm a participant level 3

the manual covers what the lights on the front of the Fido modem means but has nothing about the lights on the back (LAN network lights - I notice that they can be flashing as well as solid and each port has 2 lights - an amber coloured one and a green one. What do they mean?

Thank you

**Edited to add label

3 REPLIES 3

Marpy

Thanks - I was looking for a more specific answer related to the Fido Hitron Modem/ Router. For example my understanding is that one of the lights depending on colour tell you exactly what speed your LAN conection is operating at. 10 / 100/ 400 and the other light depending on colour tells you the health of your conection. There are some generic standards that come up on a google search but I wanted to know exactly what my Fido modem was telling me via these lights. I have a manual for the Hitron modem but I have not found anything specific to the lights.

Hello again,

You might need to contact Hitron directly for the information you require. If the information is not in the manual, I don't think Fido would have been provided with those specifics separately.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Marpy,

Welcome to the community!

The two lights signify connectivity and activity.

One of the lights would indicate there is an active connection through the LAN. This light is usually green and is either continuous or occasionally blinking to indicate the active connection. No light would indicate no link has been established.

The other light indicates data is passing through the connection. This light usually blinks as the data passes. This light may also give an indication of speed of transmission depending on the colour of the blinking light. Most usually however, this light is yellow or orange and does not necessarily refer to speed of transmission.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers