Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet modem return with different tracking number

YD121
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there,

On October 18, 2021, I called Fido home internet rep to cancel my internet services on October 22nd, 2021. The rep told me they will cancel my internet on the 22nd and will send me and email with instruction how to return my modem. On October 22nd, I still didn't get my email from fido so I just looked on Fido website how to return. I went to Canada Post that day and provide them the ID number (PR823007), they printed out the label and gave me receipt. The next day I have received email from Fido how to return my modem with tracking number. I've called them to tell that I have return it already thru Canada Post. I also asked the Rep if it will be a problems since my tracking number is different than what Fido provided me. She said it wont be a problem. I tracked my package on Canada Post site and it stated Delivered on October 25, 2021.

Today, I have received another emails from Fido instruction how to return my modem (2 emails with different tracking number). How can Fido fix this?? I havent call to Fido internet yet as it takes a long time on waiting plus it seems like these days Fido prefer to contact thru online chat. 

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @YD121,

It would be best to contact the internet department and provide them with the return information you used to ship the modem back so they can update the system with that information.

YD121

Hi... I did call this morning and the Rep just told me to keep ignoring the email. I asked if i will get charge, he said No. 

Hello again @YD121 

Then you should be fine just ignore the email and keep an eye on your invoice just in case.