cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet keeps dropping randomly

paulleons
I'm a participant level 2

Home Internet keeps dropping randomly since I got the connection. It happens 4-5 times a day and usually takes upto a minute to recover. 

This is a new Fido connection. Previously, when i was with Fido (lower internet speed), I never had any issue. 

7 REPLIES 7

digitalchannel
I'm a participant level 3

I have this issue as well. Every day the Internet disconnects / packet loss. Spoke with tech support probably over 10 times now and had 5 tech visits, modem exchanges with no resolution to date. The same response of we don't see any issues in your area but funny part is my neighbors are all on Bell and I wonder why.. My advice is to keep calling tech support when it happens and log a case. 

Hey @digitalchannel!

I'm sorry you still have issues with your Fido Home Internet. 

I understand that you already contacted technical support and also had technicians visits without any resolutions, but we still might be able to help from here.

Which modem model do you have?

digitalchannel

@FidoVanessa The modem I have is the CODA-4582U.

Thank you for confirming the modem model, @digitalchannel!

We suggest you get in touch with our technical support team over the phone @1-888-236-FIDO (3436) or live chat with them.

They should be able to review more in depth what's going on with your home internet connection.  

FidoAnthony

Hey @paulleons,

That doesn't sound right. Have you tried rebooting your modem? That should resolve the issue. 

Let us know how it goes! 😃

paulleons

I still face the same issue. I had Rogers 75G connection before and used a very similar modem. I didn't face any issues. I previously also had  fido 75G as well but never had this issue happen so frequently.  Now, I am facing issues with fido 150. 

Thanks. 

Hey @paulleons

Did you contact technical support since you have the issue? Which modem do you have?

In the event that a modem is deemed defective a replacement can be set-up with our Fido Home Internet technical support team. They can be reached 24/7 by through live chat by checking out Contact Page here.