cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is down for 2 weeks - No compensation!!!

LucilleChina
I'm a participant level 3

Since Dec 31, 22 that my internet is down almost on a daily basis. So far 4 technicians came to my home but still no luck. Each time the technician came to my home, I get deducted wages because I work from home. So far no solution for the issue and no compensation from Fido. 1st the time I was informed it was my router, so the router was changed. 2nd time, the same thing - changed the router as well as verified the electrical box in the condo. 3rd time it was the area I live in, so I contacted a few of my neighbors but they don't have this issue with Fido. 4th time, apparently, ALL my equipment is the problem. Even though, my work computer (march 2022) is less than a year old as well as my personal computer (august 2022). I guess at the end of the day there is no solution and no compensation from Fido even though, it was asked when I called 4+ times. Thank you, Fido!! 

7 REPLIES 7

FidoStephane

Hi there @LucilleChina, 

Sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what the issue must be. If it's not the router (changed twice), the electrical box, or your computer (new), what could the issue possibly be...  

Is the WiFi connection slow on your other devices as well? 

Have you ever used internet services with a different provider on the same devices at that location? If so, was it a greater connection or similar? 

Finally, other than suggesting the replacement of the router, did our home internet technical support offer other possible solutions or diagnosis? 

LucilleChina

Hi, as far as solution here they are listed. 1) router 2) cables 3) environment 4) ALL my equiment 5) my present plan 6) wireless intermitent (operation) 7) sent a Highly Qualify Tech. I know that Fido will come up with more solutions as we go along. LOL

Hello @LucilleChina,

Since last Thursday has there been any updates on this?

Let us know!

LucilleChina

Hi, no changes. 

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be more than happy to look into this with you. 

LucilleChina

Hi, it is ok, I have canceled my service with Fido and I went to your competitor. Thank you

LucilleChina

Hi, I had another internet provider before, and no problem but switched because I was on another person's previous plan and the price was getting too high. The issue with Fido started on Dec 31, 22. This has been going on mostly on a daily basis. I called again yesterday Jan 18, 23 and spoke to 3 people. The last person I spoke to Manager Vola, suggested having another Highly Qualify Tech come to my home for another inspection. I informed Vola that I start working at noon therefore anytime before noon would be best. She scheduled me for 8.30-11.00am. I wish that would have been the end of my dilemma but it wasn't. I got up early because I am presently working evening/late shift. Highly Qualify Tech called at 11:35am, I asked why so late as I am going to start work soon & this is the wrong timing and there will be no time to do the work.  He hung up. Wonderful!!! Welcome to Fido this is how we do business. Thank you so much!!