Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing internet issues

jchau067
I'm a participant level 2

Hey everyone and Fido support,

Recently I've been having problems with my home internet service. It started a few weeks ago with and has been steadily getting worse and worse. My internet connection is randomly going out during the day, and it's starting to get super annoying.

A few weeks ago it was some intermittent outages maybe something once every few days or so. It wasn't annoying, but it started to happen more frequently was the concerning part. It started to cut out a few more times per week, then once or twice a day, and now I'm currently at multiple times a day. During today my internet has disconnected/rebooted 6 or 7 times during a 90 minute period.

Here are some of the things I've tried to do to remedy the problem:

• Unplug the modem for a power restart several times
  • Using the soft reset button on the back
  • Performed a modem swap (black box to white tower)
  • Changed outlets
  • Changed coaxial cables from the modem to the wall

At first I thought it was a modem problem, but after swapping to the white tower modem I am still experiencing the problem. I'm feeling as though it's got something to do with the actual ground terminal, but I don't have enough knowledge to really make any conclusion about that.

Would appreciate any help offered. Otherwise, will be patiently in the live chat queue.

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @jchau067,

If the cable is connected to a splitter try removing it and connect the modem directly to the cable coming into the house and see if that resolves your problem. If not then you will need to reach out to the internet technical department and they can send a technician out to troubleshoot the problem.

jchau067

Welp, didn't seem to do anything, so another tech visit seems to be the way to go.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

Hello, again @jchau067,

At least the disconnecting issue is taking longer to happen, if a technician was on your street it's most likely for another person they would not do any work on your issue unless they get a service request. Since you connected the modem directly to the cable coming into the house and it is still disconnecting I would advise you to contact customer service and book a service request so a technician can come out and test your line and try to isolate the issue.

jchau067

Hello Kapable!

Somehow, for reasons unknown, a Rogers technician was out in my area today and did some servicing on my installation. I suspect that some neighbours may have had a call or something similar. Anyway, my internet disconnections seem to have stopped for about 12 hours until just now.

So, I've just tried out your suggestion, and removed the splitter from my coaxial connections. Will try to see if that changes anything and report back.