cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to restart router very often

rahbirul
I'm a participant level 2

Every few hours my Internet gets disconnected, hard rebotting the router seems to resolve the issue. It used to happen far less frequently before (once every month or so) but now it happens quite a few times a day. Is this a problem with the router or the network itself? 

9 REPLIES 9

jeffrel
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

same problem, been experiencing this averaga 4x a week

rahbirul

I had the router changed and that fixed the problem for me. Call tech support, get approval for a router change, than either pick up or get a new router delivered.

cencris
I'm a participant level 3

Same is happening to me every few hours my Internet gets disconnected, hard rebotting the router seems to resolve the issue. It used to happen far less frequently before, but now it happens quite a few times a day. It's very hard to get technical support, even their website Jack virtual assisstant does not work, I could not find the number for support, absolutely zero support from fido.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @cencris

Our home internet technical support team is available 24/7 by phone or live chat. You can reach out to them directly on these channels

Let us know how it goes.

cencris

Your live chat does not work, why don't you try it yourself and let me know. thanks

Hey @cencris it might be a little slower due to higher volumes. You can always try again later or give them a call at any time!

giligoulu

I have also been experiencing the same thing.  Before was seldom but now is multiple daily.

Hey @giligoulu

We've replied to your post on this thread.Hope this helps!

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rahbirul, welcome to the community!

I have a few questions!

• Have you recently changed the modem's place?
  • What color lights do you see on the router?

Thanks!