cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freephoneline incoming call issues - Need to disable SIP ALG

thinkman_ca
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

hi there, I just setup my Freephoneline on my Fido internet. Calling out is working fine, voice is very clear. However I am not able to receive any incoming call, and the issue is due to the implementation of the SIP ALG on the Hitron CGN3AMF modem. 

Can fido please help me to disable the SIP ALG on my modem? This is the common issue with Rogers internet customer, and Expert Tech was able to help by disabling the SIP ALG feature. Apparently it cannot be done by the user. 

Thank you

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @thinkman_ca & welcome to the Community! Smiley

Have you already contacted our internet tech support for your request? You can reach them at 1-888-236-3436 (select language > Option 2 for existing customers), or through Live Chat.

Cheers!

kr6
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
@FidoMaria, I think what @thinkman_ca is asking is to enable customers to modify the SIP setting in future firmware of the Hitron modem to avoid calling support. It would also be great if Fido rolled out a firmware testing program similar to what Dave is doing on the rogers.com community forum.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey kr6!

For the time being, this is something that can only be disabled by contacting our Internet Tech Support team but I will definitely make sure that the right people see your comments.

Thanks for the feedback!