cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First (disappointing) day with Fido

Aline_Duarte
I'm a participant level 3

Today I just received my Fido "new" modem.

A white (with a huge dirty yellow spot on the top), full of scratches, all grease and dust.

I have never seem a modem so dirty and disgusting in my life...

During pandemic times like nowadays, that modem all dirty is more than unacceptable, its so so wrong, its unhygienic and unethical.

Please don't do that with futures clients...no one deserve this kind of treatment.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Aline_Duarte

This is definitely not the kind of things that should happen. Our modems are not always brand new, but they should all have been tested and cleaned before being sent to customers. Did you already contact customer service about it?

Aline_Duarte

Yes, first thing I did.

I'd had appreciated an apology when I contacted the customer services, not even that.

The agent just told me to take the modem to a Fido store and change it, like it was my mistake receive a disgusting modem...the customer service just acted like it was nothing or something already normal.

So these are the 2 first impressions I have with Fido, and honestly I'm already looking for another provider, unfortunately Fido is the cheapest one and during these pandemic times im only concerned in saving money...once it comes  to an end I will gladly pay a more expensive provider that at least treat the clients seriously and with respect.

Not like a garbage can of old modems.

We really do apologise that this happened @Aline_Duarte, it's not acceptable and it's not something we want any of our customers to experience. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know as we want to ensure this doesn't happen again and that we can learn from past experiences.

That said, if tech support authorised a swap, please get it exchanged asap at the nearest Fido location that offers modems

I'd also like to see the modem so that we can let our warehouse know what happened and send them the feedback. I'll send you a PM to get some photos, if you still have it.

Aline_Duarte

I sent you the pic and a video showing the modem.

I'm going to a fido store to replace this garbage for a new one as soon as I can, once the customer service told my husband can't do that to me and I have to go by myself in person to be able to do the change.

So I need to have a day off to go once my husband can't do the change as Fido have informed me.