Did you mean: 

Fido internet modem order / shipment issue

yolm
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Nov 30th 

• Fido shipped out internet modem

Dec 5th   

• Contacted Fido to correct billing/address issue (Fido agent can't do anything)
  • Contacted Purolator for address correction and confirmed (however, this won't work in this case

Dec 6th

• followed up and confirmed with Purolator for address correction as the incorrect address still reflected in the tracking status

Dec 7th

• followed up and confirmed with Purolator for address correctionas the incorrect address still reflected in the tracking status

Dec 9th  

• Modem Delivered to the incorrect address
  • Contacted Purolator and I was advised that address correction doesn't work in my case and I have to contact Fido
  • Contacted Fido (waited 3 hours because they transferred me to tech.support so I waited 2 extra hours for this) and the last agent wouldn't believe me until I scanned/email my original printed agreement then Fido admitted a mistake was made when enterly my address info in the system manually.  I was told new modem request was submitted.

Dec 10th

• Followed up with Fido and shipping order is still work in progress

Dec 11th

• Followed up with Fido and shipping order is still work in progress
  • Followed up with Purolator to check what else can be done to the first order

All the above are Fido conversation were documentated in my account notes and live chat.

It is Day 12 and it's a friday.  Even if Fido ship it out on Monday, I potentially wont' be getting the modem until Dec 23rd based on previous shipment schedule(7 business days) without considering it's holiday season.

I am currenly relying on my mobile data and I signed up this for Black Friday Promotion and Xmas promotion is already around the corner.

My question is:

I am aware a lots of new customers in my area is receiving the modem within 24-48hours after they signed up the service.  Why does it take this long for the order to process, given it is an mistake made by Fido? 

I have spent countless hours with a Live chat agent already and I don't feel comfortable with the current order status since I wasn't given any shipping order confirmation (I am not even asking for a tracking #).

Is this the normal practice / wait time for internet modem order?

I appreciate if someone can send me a PM since I already tried the live chat method.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @yolm! Philippe here. I'll send you a PM shortly to assit you. Smiley