cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido home internet service is really bad!!

Jamiecch
I'm a participant level 2

I applied for it on Oct 31 at night. I brought the modem to my new rental place the next day (my landlord and the previous person who lived here all use Fido home internet, and I’m Fido’s mobile member, so I thought it would be easy for me) then I installed it and started trying to connect. The night and the next day, it was all the same, suck on the Downstream light blinking. The next day in the evening my landlord helped me to check the installation again, and we placed it well at the place. Still, the same issue, and I tried to call Fido’s technician service, on the webpage, it says 24 hours service everyday but I couldn’t reach anyone, either by phone or online. So I called in again in the morning when the service started. Finally I talked to someone and he couldn’t help so transfer me to a technician. The technician tried to shoot my internet but failed, she can only send a technician to my place and check the next day in the evening 6-8pm, which is today.

So today, when I was home and I tired to connect it, it worked!! I was so happy and checked the modem, there’s no problems at all. I connected and set up my WiFi. So I tried to cancel the appointment then I found it was so funny the live chat page gave me a server error, and the phone call number is for mobile account! (cuz the system asked me to enter my 10 digits account number) Just for about 30-40 minutes, the modem was down again. Since I didn’t find any ways to cancel it, I was still waiting the technician to give me a call before he/she comes... until now, 10pm already. No phone calls and NO SHOW!!! Why you treat your customers like an **bleep**? For how long I should wait to get my internet functional?! I haven’t even started using it yet, I already received the bill for the first month! So annoying. Are you pushing me to cancel it?! 

4 REPLIES 4

Nirdesh
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

have you tried calling 18882363436 for general questions or 18882593436 for tech support? I did get a good support when had the same problem. It is working fine since. 

when you call on one of the above numbers, please keep your account number ready as it will ask you to enter.

i hope this helps. 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jamiecch

Are you still having trouble?  If you are, I would suggest reaching out to tech support at 1-888-259-3436 so they can take a look at this with you!

Jamiecch

The problem is certainly the modem!

I tried all the ways and finally the FB message. The person said the technician couldn't reach me so didn't come, it was certainly a lie!! I didn't receive any phone calls or missed calls. And it showed "Sorry we are late, plz waiting for updates". Anyways, the FB agent booked me another appointment after 3 days later, which is today, the same time 6-8pm. I am still waiting and I checked the live updates page at 7pm, it shows me someone (Technician: Sushant) already arrived today at 1:40pm. WTH is that????!!!!! It wasn't my appointment time and no one was here, why's wrong with Fido's service again?! It has been whole week my internet is still not working and Fido technician stood me up twice already!!! Super angry now!

Jamiecch

Finally, the technician was here and fixed it. They found some filter on the cable outside. I don't know what's that, and I was talking to my landlord so didn't get the chance to ask them further details before they left. Anyways, thank God, it's done now. I was thinking I would definitely return it and cancel everything I have with Fido if again they didn't show up.