cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Modem - 2.4GHz band dropping connections

nexxus007
I'm a participant level 2

Hello Fido Support. Off late, I have noticed that my 2.4GHz connections keep on dropping everyday. Time of day does not matter, happens anytime. The 5GHz connections do not disconnect.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nexxus007! Smiley

We'd love to  help resolve this, the connection should be consistent with both 2.4 and 5Ghz options.

Can you please contact our tech support at 1-888-259-3436 so they can take a look?

nexxus007

I already reached out to them and they suggested to swap out the modem. I called around but none of the stores have any modems in stock as they have not been receiving shipments due to Covid.

In the meantime, I have disabled the WiFi on the modem and connected it to my own router, and the connections are stable.

Thanks for confirming, and we're happy to hear you found a temporary solution @nexxus007!

Right now, to avoid our customers going into stores during Covid19, modem swaps are done by mail.

Tech support can send you a new modem in the mail and once you get it you can ship back the old one.

If you prefer to do that instead of waiting, you can give them a call to have it done Smiley

Hope that helps!