Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely bad connection on VPN and online gaming

Wilson_W
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Home office folks and online FPS gamers out there:

I hope those who are planning to subscribe Fido internet see this before they make the move- JUST DO NOT DO IT.

No matter how cheap their price can be, it would be no point to subscribe a internet service that drop out, A LOT.

Being a working from home professional, I can not keep the VPN connection back to my office for more than 30 seconds without being disconnected/kickout. Meaning what? Have to reconnect by inputting my VPN password and username over and over again and again.

I'd like a game a little when I am off from work. Guess what, game kicks me out too due to no connection to the game server. Tested game and VPN on both of my laptop and desktop, same thing happened. So it has to be Fido instead of the game/VPN.

Friend having the exact problem in an other city of Ontario.

Again, JUST DO NOT GET FIDO, DO NOT GET FIDO AT ALL. Go for Bell or Virgin.

Called Tech support and they said they would create a ticket and get back to be within 48 hours. Called on Dec 31, 2020. Guess what? No phone call received EVER.

Fido public relationship: Please do not reply to me on this, because there is absolutly nothing you can do and I will not contact tech support anymore just to waste an other hour or two on it. Your connection is just trash.

Switching to Bell Fibe today. Good luck to you Fido.

Thank you all for your attention.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Wilson_W

Welcome to the Community. 

We would hate to see you leave. I'm sad to see you had this kind of experience with your home internet services. I understand that you have already attempted to reach to our Fido Home Internet technical support and I would like to take a closer look into the status of this follow-up with you. 

I'll send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this together!