Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Moving Service

malabikamishra8
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I have been a loyal FIDO customer for over 2 years.

I requested for moving my home internet connection to a new address. I was assured that the new place had a 'hot' internet connection and I could just unplug the modem at the old location and plug it in the new location and it would all work fine.

As I write this, two days after having moved in, I have no internet connection. My internet account was cancelled.

Speaking with customer service agents and supervisors have yielded no results. I was offered 5 GB data pack topup so I could continue to tether via my phone. 

The resolution time is 7-9 business days and I worry that enough attention is not being given to this. 

I even agreed that a new account be created for me but even that will take 3-4 days.

I am at a loss on what I can do. I'm missing work without an internet connection and by staying on calls for 2-3 hours everyday with customer service agents. The service has been very very bad. During this pandemic, where we rely so much on home internet, Fido has been anything but helpful.

Please suggest if I should logge a complaint with CCTS.

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @malabikamishra8

I went over what you explained here and it's definitely not the experience that we want for any of our customers.

It's important for us that you get your service back as soon as possible. Like you explained here, our technical support is aware of the situation and are working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

When it comes to the delay, I do wish there was a quicker way to get this resolved for you.

If you have any questions concerning what was discussed with the customer service, you can find all the ways to reach us here.