cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP not assigning IP Address and 2.4Ghz bank keeps disconnecting

rshrestha
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am having issues with Fido provided Hitron router modem. From the beginning i am having issues like 2.4Ghz band dropping. I see my devices internet link dropping and reconnecting, even the google hub which is literally right next to the router. Many times i have to restart my devices after to reconnect and then my devices starts getting 169 series IP address (self assigned IP). then I have to restart the router again. i got new phone and when connected to wife, it shows as connected but the setting shows that i got 169 series IP again so internet won't work. then i restarted again and it works but stops working in a couple of hours. I am restarting my router a couple of times a day now either because the devices were not reconnecting or they are not getting IP address. I called support yesterday and they said everything looks fine as it corrected after re-start? Anybody knows what could be the issue? do i need to have my router changed? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rshrestha!

You should be experiencing a consistent connection and we're sad to read that this isn't the case.

It can be related to the modem; do you know if this has always been happening or is it more recent?

If it continues to happen, we suggest reaching out to tech support again. If it's persistent they can authorize a modem swap to get it switched out for you or even send a tech to check things out if it's not modem related.

You can reach them via live chat on fido.ca or at 1-888-259-3436.