cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant internet disconnects and phone support cut-offs

wtbgoodinternet
I'm a participant level 2

I've been having constant internet disconnects for the past 3 weeks or so now. Fido hides the phone support number and wants people to use online chat and self-serve. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO USE ONLINE SUPPORT WHEN I DON'T HAVE INTERNET??? I finally call tech support, and your support system DISCONNECTS my call after 10 minutes or so. Or when the first service rep tries to transfer me to ACTUAL tech support, the call gets disconnected. To support's credit they always call me back thinking I hang up, even though I didn't do anything and thought they hang up on me...

I had a technician visit my home few days ago to fix this issue. He said my Upstream signals were out of spec (something I already knew and told your phone support but your phone reps of course didn't understand), then he did something on his laptop and said everything's fixed. I tested and the signals were indeed fine.

Fast forward a few days to now, once again I can't open any website, have packet loss of up to 100% pinging Google. Upstream signals are now once again out of spec. I just called up tech support again, and your phone system disconnected my call after 10 minutes. Support called back, tried to transfer me to real tech support again, and my call was dropped by your system immediately for the second time when she pressed transfer. Then 1 min after that my cable modem rebooted on its own, most likely a remote reboot by your "tech support". A band-aid fix for my problem. And no callback happened this time by your support. The "tech" probably saw the signals after reboot and thought everything looked fine so there's no need. But rebooting the modem does NOT fix signal issues like this. It will be fine temporaily for a short time then the problem will surface again, exactly what's happening right now.

So now I don't have reliable internet service to have Zoom meetings etc. Literally can't work. I even have to rely on my cellphone's data service to get emails.

Why does your phone support system disconnects my call every time? And how do I get a Rogers "senior tech" to visit my place to actually fix the issue?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @wtbgoodinternet! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your home internet problem. I can certainly understand your frustration with having to work with an irregular connection.

I your case, I recommend you contact our technical support line at 1-888-236-FIDO (3436) to get full support for that. They're in the best position to help and escalate that for you.

wtbgoodinternet

I have been calling your tech support for the past few days. Every time your "tech" support does the whole script-reading bs. Wasting my time asking me useless questions and suggesting "fixes" that shows they are completely unqualified to do tech support work and quite literally has ZERO knowledge of how their own equipment works or how networking works in general. I have made it abundantly clear to your "tech" support that my signals are completely OUT OF SPEC. Not just Fido/Rogers spec, but out of the DOCSIS operating spec. This indicates a problem with the lines coming into my house and only a field visit from a QUALIFIED technician can fix this, provided the problem is not further upstream which would require Rogers engineering team to be engaged. Yet all your "tech" support does is "let's reboot/reset the modem". Today I had to call again and basically force your "tech" on the phone to give me a tech visit. But I am fully aware that you guys, aka Rogers, does not send out qualified techs unless we go through 2 unqualified contractor visits first. So I don't have much hope for this scheduled tech visit.

Talking to your "tech" support is like talking to covid-deniers. You tell them people are dying from covid and their response is "have you tried taking the flu medication? maybe it's the flu". Unbelievably infuriating experience.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley Sorry for your issue. The best wait is to ask to talk to a superior to open a case. But, i think there a problem with docsis modem or coaxial. If the dbMv signal is out of range and the SNR isnt good, you can lost signal and lost tx/rx, so internet will not work.

Have a nice day, It's been a pleasure to assist you today Smiley

Dont forget to mark my answer as the best if your satisfied.:)