cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click and bait with migration to Rogers

unhappyuser
I'm a participant level 2

I'vee had multiple reps reach our regarding migration offers and I finally decided to go ahead for the better modem. Our service has been **bleep** in the past couple of months since we moved. The rep didn't send me the contract while on the call. I wanted to review it before moving forward. Contract was finally emailed 10:40pm and the price was not fixed for two years as we had discussed. It was only the discount which was fixed for two years while Rogers could raise the price at any time as indicated in the agreement. There were other errors like the installation date not being what we discussed and billing address and service address not matching. Not sure what the rep actually did correctly. They all ask for a good rating if you get a service though, eventhough they provide subpar service. I called in the next morning only to hear that I would have to lock myself in for two years to get the fixed pricing. I had checked a couple of days before with a rep who confirmed price would be fixed with or without contract. Also had another rep send me an email that I'd have the agreed upon price with or without contract. At this point they were saying that I didn't have that option eventhough I pointed out that I had the email, so I decided to cancel the migration. The rep wanted to transfeer me to someone else after an hour, but I asked her to do the cancellation so at least something would get done. She hung up the phone after putting me on hold for a while. Called in again and wasted another hour to get the cancellation done and a reference number. Called in again later with the reference number to see if the cancellation had been done, but had to waste another hour because there were no notes on the account and I had to explain everything and wait on hold again. Got the cancellation email later that night. Next morning woke up to no wifi. Called Fido Tech support and the guy said your account has been suspended because you didn't pay your bill. WTF? Anyhow seems like they cancelled my Fido account as well. I had to waste another hour of my life with this guy. I said either fix it or I'll go elsewhere. At this point I didn't even want to deal with this. After loads of **bleep** with you can't get back to Fido after going to Rogers, which I didn't do as I never receiveeed the modem or installed it and it was never even shipped to me, they got my internet back and the guy asked for a good review again because he actually did something which is his job, but at Fido seems something extrordinary. No one cares about customer service. I called the billing department and said I should be compensated for all this trouble and the girl wasted another 45 minuts of my time only to say there was nothing she could do and in the end offered me $1.30 compensation. This is a joke. Which company is best to move to at the moment? I'm sick of this **bleep** service.

6 REPLIES 6

Anjkul24
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Apparently you call Fido Internet to cancel and get a Rogers Ignite rep who can't help you with cancelling Fido but can help with you switching to Rogers. So much for seperate entities. Currently on hold for 2.5 hours...have two agents who could not help with cancelling but made sure to tell me all the promos I did not want. I just want out. I have two cells with Fido. I am now going to cancel all my services. I am done with baby Rogers. They have ignited my anger. 

Hey @Anjkul24 

We apologize for the longer than usual wait times. Were you able to get assistance with your request?

FidoStephane

Hi there @unhappyuser

Sorry to hear about your experience. But yes, accepting a transfer of your Fido internet to Rogers automatically cancels your Fido account, or else you would have two separate internet services at once. 

Was Fido not able to restore your servies in the end, after cancelling the migration?  

unhappyuser

My services were finally restored after another hour on the phone. I'm being charged more per month now for same service. I looked to see if the price of my package had been raised but there's no info on home internet services on the website. Apparently fido home internet isn't being offered anymore. So they're just raising the prices for my current plan. How delightful. Exploring options to move to another provider.

We understand where you're coming from! 

You can reach out to our migration team, who'll be happy to look into the best offers with you for packages with our friends at Rogers. 
Their phone number is 1-877-331-9209.  

bigxboy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I called the number you indicated. After a 30 min wait, Someone picked-up, and then proceeded to tell me they need to transfer me to the migration team... I am back on hold. I'm not sure what the 1-877-331-9209 number is for...