cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation receipt

sreeyuth
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I moved out of my rental home in Waterloo, ON. I could EASILY CANCEL my gas and hydro accounts through my online accounts with the respective companies. Just a few simple clicks later, I received confirmation emails from them. But Fido HAD TO make me go through the pain of calling their agents to cancel my account just so that they could sell me more stuff. Fido surely didn't give two hoots about me during the last few years when I was having an active account. Anyway, after I put in a request to cancel on the phone, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EMAIL confirming the cancellation even after 1 week. I still don't have written proof that my request was received and processed. 

FIDO: YOU ARE AN INTERNET COMPANY, ALBEIT A SORRY ONE AT THAT. IF YOU DON'T KNOW TO HOW TO SEND AN EMAIL CONFIRMING A TRANSACTION, MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS BUSINESS. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO REACH OUT TO YOU THROUGH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS. I HAVE ALREADY WASTED ENOUGH TIME WITH YOU. UNLIKE YOU, I HAVE A JOB THAT I DO WELL. JUST SEND ME AND ANYONE WHO CANCELS THEIR HOME INTERNET A CONFIRMATION EMAIL. I KNOW IT'S A BIT BEYOND YOUR CAPABILITIES, BUT PLEASE TRY HARD.

1 REPLY 1

FidoLony

Hey @sreeyuth ,

Welcome to the community! We're sorry to hear about your experience.

That said, should you want to cancel your services, you do need to get in touch with our customer service team as there is no option to cancel the services online or via the app. 

Once the services have been cancelled with customer care, you should normally get an email confirmation shortly following the transaction. 

Rest assured; our agents are there to help you as best they can with your request.