Bandwidth management

Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Bandwidth management

Hey folks.  Does anyone know if it is possible to set bandwidth restrictions via MAC address using the Hitron Router with 4.5.8.38T5 firmware?  I want to limit up/down speeds to certain devices in order to maintain good streaming quality on my FireTV device. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Bandwidth management

@Krispychik3n wrote:

Hey folks.  Does anyone know if it is possible to set bandwidth restrictions via MAC address using the Hitron Router with 4.5.8.38T5 firmware?  I want to limit up/down speeds to certain devices in order to maintain good streaming quality on my FireTV device. Thanks!

No, I don't think it is. You need to put your Hitron gateway into Bridged Mode and use a router which supports QoS (Quality of Service).

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 Grand_Total
I'm a Participant Level 3
Solution

@Krispychik3n wrote:

No, I don't think it is. You need to put your Hitron gateway into Bridged Mode and use a router which supports QoS (Quality of Service).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thank you for this!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3