Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful awful internet service more than that awful customer service

KaziH
I'm a participant level 3

I am on Fido, 75Mbs internet.

I recentley got Dell XPS 15 laptop, it comes with killer 1535 adapter. I had no problem using it at York University internet connection. But as soon as I brought it home, the internet drops. So I am assumed maybe because I am connected to more than 4 devices. I turn off wifi on few devices, still my internet drops from laptop after 2 sec of connecting. I call Fido the tech blames the 1535 adapter after running some modem diagnosis, and tells me to talk with dell. I do that, and update everything that need to be updated. Still same issue. 

A week later( March 25, 2018) I Call fido again telling my suspection that the modem is at fault. They agree, and tell me to go to a store for model swap. I rush there the store rep open my account, but there is no workflow from the call. So,the phone rep send me to a store but didn't open a work flow. Standing at the store call fido again, after 1 hour of them puting me on and off on hold, he can't do anything, because who ever needs to fix the issue is not there ( it was a sunday). But he promises me It will be fixed the next day. And Offers me a $20 credit to my internet account, and 2GB free on my wireless account for the next too months, since I have been tetharing Internet from my phone. Here is the interaction number for that Ixxxxxxxxx. Hence, my Sunday is gone dealing with Fido in store and on the phone.

Today (March 26, 2018) after work I rush to Scarborough town center. The lower level fido corporate employee says they cant swap me modem because they are on hold for new customers. The employees name is Gaya. She has a terrible attitude!

Then I go upper level fido corporate store, the sales rep open my account, and guess what? The phone customer service rep that I last spoke to promised me he will make sure it gets fixes today didn't create a  workflow!

Standing at the store I call Fido again after waiting infinite long, this lady picks up asks me how my day is. I say not good, Fido is giving me a run for my life! She puts me on and off on hold, goes like go home, the rep who told you to swap moden is wrong, we have to run test. I say no I did that already a week ago! she goes like but there is no record of that, and they can't just swap moden like that.  But I insisted no, If I go home today fido have to send me an at home tech, and even free internet is not worth the trouble they are putting me through. Then she looks again and see the record of the diagosis that I ran with fido tech over the phone a week ago. She then transfers me to a tech guy.  After me explaing to him that I used my computer everywhere on the face of earth ( york university, best buy store, starbucks, timhorts, and soo onn), it works everywhere but my home with fido internet. Also I have ran diagnosis with fido tech support over the phone. The guy says the killers adapter 1535 does have the issue with fido modem ( how inconvinient) so he wants me to be aware just a modem swap might not fix but he will allow me because I tried everthing. I say so that's all I don't have to call fido back right? He say no, it all taken care of. I hang up, and the store employee opens my account.. TADA NO WORK FLOW FOR THE THIRD TIME. Here is the interaction for that conversation Ixxxxxxxxx. I call again, and I this time I ask the very nice store employee ( I didn't get his name, but he is only person cared about the situation) to speak, he was able to talk to fido over the phone and swap my internet. Got home set up, and guess what no issuee now!

So all these running store to store, calling fido, fighingting to get my modem because FIDO's INTERNET CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESN'T WHAT THEY ARE DOING! very incompetend. They should have been able to swap if for me the first time. EVEN FREE INTERNET Isn't worth the trouble!

***Edited to remove account information***

6 REPLIES 6

KaziH

Hello all to add more this delima, I am having to contact fido again. Now this is my current issue. I see a $ 92 dollar charge on my internet I want to know why. According to my conversation with Bahia interaction number Ixxxxxxxxxx, on march 15, 2018 I have the internet free for till June. And according to my conversation with an agent on March 25, 2018, he offered me a $20 credit in my internet account for not being able to exchange my faulty router. The interaction number for that conversation is Ixxxxxxxxxx. 

*** Edited to remove account information ***

KaziH

Fido really need to keep track of their promises to customer. Or  pay the customer for wasting our time 

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @KaziH

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together! Smiley

Talk to you soon!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @KaziH!

We want our internet service to be as hassle-free as possible, and this isn't the type of experience we want for you! The modem swap should be quick and simple, as long as the request is processed by tech support.

That said, I'll send you a PM so we can look into this and find a solution for you!

See you there Smiley

KaziH

I really wish that was true, but I gave you details interaction of all the even. you be the judge now. I gav you my account number in private message

@FidoNickwrote:

Hey @KaziH!

We want our internet service to be as hassle-free as possible, and this isn't the type of experience we want for you! The modem swap should be quick and simple, as long as the request is processed by tech support.

That said, I'll send you a PM so we can look into this and find a solution for you!

See you there Smiley

Hey @KaziH

I received your PM. Talk to you soon Smiley