cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent mistake be aware

ervinn1
I'm a participant level 2

Last Friday I called Fido to move my Internet service to a new address.

I was on the phone for at least 30 minute for this routine task.

The agent was not sure what to do.

The next day I have found out that she probobly by mistake suspended my account.

It means that no Internet.

When I try to call fido, they redirect my call and I was not able to reach someone to resolve this issue.

This is a mess.

Something is wrong with Fido. It had much better service before...

2 REPLIES 2

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @ervinn1 & welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to learn of your experience. Sad Were you finally able to get this resolved? Let me know!

ervinn1

Yes, it was resolved. I've got half month off for compensation.  I've just heard on the news that on Monday there was extra calls and line up to get the new offer of 10G for $60.  That was the reason I was not able to reach Fido.

But, even when I was able reach Fido by phone, they were not able to help me. The phone system automatically redirected me to “Account Payable” where they were not be able to do anything to help me. They redirected to different departments. They redirected my call many times. 

I was able to solve my issue using the online chat system. The person just created an expedited case for me, and he gave me the case number. He said someone will look into this and fix it. I was called back in couple of hours and it was resolved.

My question is why can not this be done using the phone. The person just need to open a case with all the needed information and forward it to resolution. Instead they keep redirecting people where you need to repeat the same problem again and again. What a waist of time in both end.

An even better system would be to be able to open a case by yourself on the Internet, which would take two minutes… Even if I would need to use a friend Internet for that would be better.

I am using a US VOIP provider, where exactly that what they have. I can open a ticket online. I can upload all the information’s and documents and I go on my way. They just have to make sure they look at the tickets at reasonable time frame with a reply.