cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 MBPS Student Internet Plan

Euainb
I'm a participant level 3

I recently got the 60 mbps internet plan. My speeds are capping out at 45 mbps. Has anyone been able to get speeds over 55 mbps using the 60mbps plan?

***Edited to add labels*** 

10 REPLIES 10

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Euainb!

Did you get a chance to unplug the modem for a few moments, to put it all back together and to see if you notice an improvement?

debfido

Hey FidoPierre!

I'm on the same boat. Unfortunately, I didn't notice Euainb's topic and I created a new one here. I tried your suggestion but still the same issue Sad

Hey @debfido

I replied to your other post. Smiley 

debfido

Hey @FidoPierre

I noticed it! Thanks Smiley

Our pleasure Smiley

@Euainb & @debfido are you using ww.speedtest.net to test the speeds? Are you doing it while connected to the modem via cable or WiFi. If you do it with a cable you should see the full speed if you are doing it by WiFi and you are on the 2.4ghz connection you will not get full speeds but if you have a compatible 5ghz device use that and do the speed test and you should see full speeds.

Euainb
On a wired and 5g connection. The promised speed is still not being delivered. It's a known issue by fido. Provisioning need to be completed on fidos end to fix the issue.

debfido

Talked to a rep and he told that still they are woking on it but don't know when it be fixed Sad

debfido

Hey @KAPABLE-K,

Thanks for replying!

I tested the speed several times using cable on both the www.speedtest.net and Fido's speedtest websites. Always found the speed around 48mbps.

-debfido

Euainb
The limit in speed is a known provisioning issue, that fido is now aware of. They're working on a fix. Call tech support and ask for a month of free service for the inconvenience of the incorrect speed.