cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$250 FOR NOT RETURNING THE MODEM

kevinxxq1
I'm a participant level 2

1). I cancelled the homeinternet service Nov.28 and returned the modem the same day through Canada Post.

2). The bill on Dec18 showed it was final bill and not mentioned the modem. No any emails or calls to check the modem.

3). The bill on Jan18 showed $250 for unreturned modem.

4). I contacted the living chat and a case was created Jan19 and told me 48 hours to fix it.

5). I contacted the living chat Jan25 and told me the case was not moved forward, they will create another one.

6). Today the $250 is still on my bill.

I have provided the tracking receipt to living chat customer service.

I don't know when there will be a solution. If I didn't take care of the "SECOND" final bill I think Fido can rob $250 + Tax.

5 REPLIES 5

kevinxxq1

Got an email informed me the modem was received. Now the $274 is still on my bill.

For suggestion: 

1. A place in the account for customer to input the tracking number.

2. If not received the modem, send a message or email to remind, not a $250 bill.

Then both will reduce such kind of unhappy work.

Anyway, if Fido like to charge the cost of modem this way, yes, they can.

kevinxxq1

The living chat told me:

Yes it should get processed till this Friday Smiley

Today is Friday, the $274 is still on my account.

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into this with you! Talk soon. 😊

@kevinxxq1

We appreciate you sharing your experience here and providing your feedback.

We are working consistently on our end to improve the experience for our customers.

If you need any assistance related to your account, don't hesitate to contact us whenever you get a chance. 

FidoKenny

Hello  @kevinxxq1

That's not the experience that we want for any of our customers. From what you explained, I can see that an investigation was sent to have this situation resolved ASAP.

You can always contact us to verify what was done so far on your account. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

If it's best for you, we can also send you a PM here on the Community.